This tasty and simple fruit salad will be done in about 6 minutes! The secret ingredient is Barleans Orange Cream Omega Oil. It’s the perfect quick dressing for any fruit salad, and is especially good with berries. I add poppy seeds to mine for a little texture, but that is just another optional for this versatile fruit salad!
This fruit salad is perfect for any meal, and leftovers are wonderful for breakfast or in a smoothie!
A Fast & Easy Fruit Salad for Dinner, Dessert or Potluck!
Berries are perfect for a fast fruit salad, because all you need to do (assuming they’re already in the fridge) is to give them a good rinse, and they’re ready to go!
For this recipe I used strawberries and blueberries, because that is what I had on hand… However, it would be delish with blackberries and raspberries too! If you stick with berries, it will only be a few minutes till you’re ready to serve.
Secret Ingredient For Fruit Salad Dressing
Most homemade fruit salad dressings are just honey and lime… But this is much better (and healthier for you!)
The secret ingredient dressing is the Orange Cream Omega Oil from Barleans. (You can order it online here if your grocer doesn’t carry it.) This healthy oil supplement has been around since I was a teenager. I used to get the strawberry cream flavor and eat that with a spoon.
The Orange Cream Flavor is a perfect compliment to berries! Orange and cream (or citrus and cream) just help bring out the sweetness of berries!
Once you try this stuff you’ll be thinking of all the things it will be good on, including on yogurts or cottage cheese, on top of your morning oatmeal, other salads, and smoothies. The possibilities are endless with this HEALTHY treat!
2 pounds washed and sliced strawberries
1-2 pounds Blueberries
1/8 cup Barleans Orange Cream Omega Oil
A squeeze of lime juice over the top!
*Optional: 1-2 pounds Blackberries, Raspberries, Sliced Peaches, Nectarines or Pomegranate Kernels!
*Optional: 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
Why Add Lime Juice?
Berries, and other fruits, are already nice and sweet… So is the Orange Cream dressing. Lime juice adds a wonderful and tart flavor that contrasts the sweetness perfectly! You could also use lemon juice for it’s tartness.
Fruit Salad Making Tips
- Let berries dry before adding them to your salad, so they don’t add excess water to your bowel.
- Do not add dressing till right before you serve! The longer fruit sits in the dressing, the softer it gets… And no one like mushy fruit 😉 If you are making it ahead, just place prepped berries in a covered bowl and add dressing right before serving!
- Stir in dressing gently so you don’t squish berries.
Other Fruits That Go Well With This Fruit Salad
You can use other fruits depending on what you have and what is in season. Peaches, Nectarines and Pomegranate taste really good with the berries and Orange Cream dressing. Another option is bananas, but make sure to add them just before serving so they don’t turn brown.
Can I Use Frozen Berries?
Frozen berries are awesome to have on hand and good for so many things…. EXCEPT for fresh fruit salads. Frozen berries get mushy after they thaw and won’t hold their shape. They also release juices when they thaw adding to much liquid to the salad.
- 1. 2 pounds washed and sliced strawberries
- 2. 1-2 pounds Blueberries
- 3. 1/8 cup Barleans Orange Cream Omega Oil
- 4. A squeeze of lime juice (or lemon) over the top!
- *Optional: 1-2 pounds Blackberries, Raspberries, Sliced Peaches, Nectarines or Pomegranate Kernels!
- *Optional: 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Wash and slice berries (or other fruit) and place in bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of lime over top.
- Drizzle Orange Cream Oil On top.
- Sprinkle Poppy Seeds If Using
- Mix gently and serve!
- Let berries dry before adding them to your salad, so they don't add excess water to your bowel.
- Do not add dressing till right before you serve! The longer fruit sits in the dressing, the softer it gets... And no one like mushy fruit 😉 If you are making it ahead, just place prepped berries in a covered bowl and add dressing right before serving!
- Stir in dressing gently so you don't squish berries.
Serving Size:1 cop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120
Thank You For Visiting Farmhouse Harvest! You May Also Like These Recipes:
Raspberry Lime Freezer Jam – Fast Easy and Perfect For Beginners
The Best Banana Bread in the world with sour cream! – Super easy one bowl recipe, stays moist for a week!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.