Meet Juliea from Farmhouse Harvest!
Finding joy in everyday life in the homegrown garden, homemade food from scratch, and homesteading.
Hi there, I’m Juliea!
FIRST, I’ll be sharing how to grow your own garden, homemade from scratch recipes, homesteading, and our simple life. THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL FOR SURE NEVER MISS OUT ON THESE VIDEOS or posts IS BY JOINING OUR EMAIL LIST:
Welcome to Farmhouse Harvest!
My husband, Darin, and I are building a farmhouse in rural Idaho on ten acres with our kids! We’ve lived all over the western United States, including: California, Arizona, Utah, and Oregon, but our favorite is Idaho!
For the last 10 years we’ve loved living in Idaho, and dreamed of a large acreage. In 2020 we sold our farmhouse on a small acreage and purchased ten acres in alfalfa to build the homestead!
Check out our progress and follow along our journey with us on Instagram!
Despite the fact that I grew up in Southern California, I am a small-town country girl at heart! I’ve never lived in a big city, the town I gew up is has 20k people in it, and now we live in a smaller town of about 5k people. After traveling to big cities, I’m always ready to go home and relax in the quiet peaceful country.
I’m the second oldest of 8 kids, including 4 sisters, 3 brothers, and one Angel mother!
I am a health nut with a sweet tooth! Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t share my enthusiasm for all things healthy, but we find common ground in our sweet tooth. Hence, I love making healthier desserts that my husband and family can enjoy with me.
I love whole foods, natural remedies, and nutritional healing! After high school, I worked in a health food store for three years as I attended college and massage school. I love the power of nature and herbs that the Lord has prepared to heal us!
I have a passion for living debt-free, and always felt it was my destiny to pay my mortgage off by the time I was in my thirties. The desire for expensive or unnecessary THINGS just isn’t a part of my makeup. Call me odd, but I’m totally happy wearing the same couple of dresses every Sunday, and the same pair of shoes till they wear out!
I have a passion for high-quality necessities that are reliable year after year over cheap luxuries. Therefore, I prefer Toyotas because they run without problems with little maintenance for 300,000+ miles. I love hardwood floors, because they can be refinished and last a lifetime. Glass over plastic kitchen and food containers, and a quality pair of tenny shoes over the latest fashion. I also love thrift store shopping and feel like it’s a treasure hunt.
Fun Facts About Me
- I was having babies for 20 years! My oldest is 24 and my youngest is 4!!! All from the same marriage;)
- I’ve been battling gallstones for 13 years… I’ve done gallstone flushes several time a year for years… And it finally stopped working;/ So, I’m getting my Gallbladder removed.
- I worked (and studied) in the health food industry for 3+ years.
- I had three of our 6 kids naturally, without pain medication or an epidural.
- If it were warm enough, and socially acceptable, I wouldn’t wear shoes!
- I lived in Hawaii for the summer with my cousin Laura, and loved it!
- I am a follower of Jesus Christ, a religious Christian, and member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- I ran a half marathon when I was 32, and never did it again.
- I LOVE making sourdough rolls soup…. Especially when it’s cold outside!