Valentine’s Day Cooke Gifts are sweet treats and so easy to put together as cookie bouquets with my simple sugar cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookies, or coconut macaroons.
Show your family & friends that you appreciate and love them with valentine’s day gift baskets! It’s always best to plan ahead because if you wait you will run out of time and options. Are you ready for February 14th?
Perfect Valentine’s Day Gift
Valentine’s cookie gifts are perfect because they don’t cost much and they are fun to put together…. And who doesn’t feel loved and appreciated when someone takes the time to put one of these together for you?!
Tools You Will Need
- Ingredients for the cookie recipes you choose below (Sugar Cookie Link has 3 different ways to make sugar cookies).
- Plastic bags to wrap them in.
- Curling ribbon, or pretty ribbon to tie them with.
- Baskets, a cute little gift box, or heart-shaped tins for gift baskets.
- A pretty tea towel, tissue paper, or piece of valentines wrapping paper for the bottom of baskets!
Sugar Cookie Recipe – Homemade Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup softened butter (or 3 sticks of softened butter)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (vanilla is optional but adds a great depth of flavor that you can’t get any other way.)
- 5 1/2 cups flour (I use unbleached, use your favorite)
- Then 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Extra Flour for Rolling & Shaping
- Mix all ingredients together till all are incorporated (about 2 minutes with a cookie paddle).
- ON A FLOURED SURFACE, WITH A FLOURED ROLLING PIN, ROLL COOKIE DOUGH TO 1/4 INCH THICK AND COOKIE CUTTERS TO CUT OUT SHAPES! KEEP ADDING FLOUR TO THE SURFACE AND ROLLING PIN AS NEEDED TO PREVENT STICKING.
- Optional – Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up!
- Place uncooked cookie shapes on a large prepared baking sheet. Make sure to give them at least a half inch between cookies, so they have enough space to grow as they cook without sticking together.
- Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes.
- Let Cookies cool
- Decorate with your favorite frosting
Sugar Cookie Icing Recipe Card
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, peppermint, or orange extract
- Dash of salt
- *Optional food coloring (Place small amounts of icing into separate bowls to make multiple colors)
- Plain cooled sugar cookies , for decorating
Add Powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of milk, corn syrup, and extract of your choice in a medium-sized bowl and stir till well combined.
If coloring the icing with different colors, divide it into bowls and color as desired at this point.
Put icing in a piping bag with a piping tip.
Decorate! If using sprinkles add them before the icing starts setting.
Allow icing to completely harden for 3 hours. Share & Enjoy!
My Favorite Cookie Recipes For Valentines Day
I love the Coconut Chocolate macaroons! These are so simple to make and they are healthy! I think they’re kinda romantic too… For adult taste buds!
You can’t tell at all that these Sugar-Free Chocolate chip cookies are sugar-free!
Sugar Cookie Recipe – This is my go-to sugar cookie recipe! I love these with buttercream frosting! These can be cut into hearts shapes, letters, or anything else you can imagine!
Date Snow Ball Cookies – This is a family favorite around here. You can’t really shape in as hearts but when you bite into them, you know you’re loved!
Valentine’s Day Cookie Gift Basket
I Make this sugar cookie recipe and cut them out in heart shapes. I use a buttercream frosting and then add a few pink and red sprinkles to give them a festive look. Let your icing dry, then place cookies in bags and tie them with a curling ribbon!
For gift baskets, just place several of these decorated and wrapped cookies onto a basket with a pretty tea towel or piece of tissue or wrapping paper under them! Make sure to include a sweet note in your gift basket, and Enjoy!
Cookie Bouquet – Valentine’s Day Cookie Gifts
If you are making a cookie bouquet, make small-shaped valentines cookies (about 2 inches wide at most). Decorate them and use BBQ Skewers placed inside the cookie (like a lollypop on a stick) and close the bag around that stick.
Make at least 5 of these and then tie the skewer sticks together halfway down with some pretty ribbon. Make sure to handle it with care, because these are real cookies and will crack easily. Place your bouquet on a flat surface or carefully in a vase. Enjoy!
Gourmet Cookies – Valentine’s Day Cookie Gifts
There are several places that sell gourmet cookie gifts with the finest ingredients for Valentine’s day gifts! If you order on time it will be the perfect Valentine’s Day cookie delivery!
Here are a few of my favorites on Amazon Prime with free shipping:
Valentines Day Cookies Gift Basket, Hand Decorated Vanilla Sugar Cookie Greeting Card, Unique Love Elegant gourmet Food Gift Box, For Him, Her, Boy, Girl, Friend ,Spouse, Wife, 3 Count Prime Delivery
Valentines Day Cookies Gift Basket for Kids Men Women Co workers Teacher | Individually Wrapped | 12 Pack | Be Mine Love Heart Class Cookies
David’s Cookies Love Cookies And Brownies Bucket Sampler – Freshly Baked Gourmet Cookies with Chocolate Chip Brownies and Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Elegant Valentine’s Day Cookie Gift Basket – 1.3Lbs
Valentine’s Day Basket
Use your imagination when putting together a homemade valentines day cookie gift basket! I love these cookie letters that spell out LOVE in a banneton basket!!
You can also place pretty tissue in a plain white cardboard gift box and place your wrapped cookies inside! This makes a sweet cookie “basket” or box. Don’t forget to include a sweet note!
Valentine’s Day is one of the special occasions when I like to share sweet valentine’s gifts with friends neighbors and family!… I remember being a teenager, and really loved it when someone thought of me on valentines day!
I’m sharing traditional cookie gifts depending on the individual, and I’ll share those recipes with you. These are also great cookie gifts and gift baskets for mothers day, thanksgiving, and Christmas!