It’s Strawberry Season, and that means making the best Strawberry Freezer Jam to preserve the harvest! This yummy recipe only takes about 10 minutes and lasts for year(s) in the freezer!
Whether or not you grow strawberries, this fast and easy recipe is a sure hit that your whole family will love… It’s so fresh tasting and easy, you’ll want to share it with your friends! It makes a great gift 😉
I make this recipe by the blender… So whether I have gallons or just cups of strawberries the recipe is easy to adjust for the amount of strawberries you have!
Best Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe For Beginners
This recipe is so easy to make, that it’s perfect for beginners! It only takes about 4 steps: takes your washed and trimmed strawberries and put them in the blender or food processor and blend or puree till desired smoothness. Then you add your lemon juice to preserve color, a tiny bit of sugar, and thickener!
After blending all ingredients together, you’ll put in in freezer safe containers, or in the fridge, till you’re ready to use! That’s it… Super simple!
To Pectin or Not To Pectin? That is The Question!
The one thing I don’t like about using pectin, even the newer freezer jam pectin, is that you need to use at least 4 cups of sugar. That is too much sugar for me! I like my freezer jam to be mostly fruit with a little sugar, not the other way around.
The thing I love most about freezer jam is that it is more fruit and less sugar, and fresher, than traditional jams. Not to mention that you don’t cook the fruit with freezer jam…. This recipe really capitalizes on all those virtues!
Ultra Gel is different… You don’t need lots of sugar or to cook it, because it thickens any liquid whether it’s hot or cold. This awesome thickener is a modified food starch that’s made from potato or corn starch. They treat potato or corn starch with enzymes so that it does not have to be cooked, or have added sugar, to thicken!
Tools You’ll Need
These are the tools I use to make this super easy, delicious jam:
A rubber spoon – scraper – spatula: These are super handy to get all the goodness out of the blender or food processor and into freezer containers!
Freezer Containers – I love using these freezer safe glass jars, because I don’t like plastic. If you do use plastic, be sure to get the BPA free freezer safe plastic containers. You don’t need to add chemicals from plastic to your jam!
Dissolvable Labels! So everyone knows what is in your containers for the next year (or two).
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries in Freezer Jam?
Yes! You can use frozen strawberries in freezer jam… You will need to thaw frozen strawberries on the counter, and keep any juices they lose. Blend thawed strawberries and juices in step one of instructions, and follow instructions!
Using frozen strawberries may decrease some of the natural vitamins health benefits of fresh strawberries, depending on how long they’ve been frozen… But it will still taste great!
- Fill your blender, or food processor with washed and trimmed strawberries, about 12 cups.
2. Add Lemon Juice
3. Puree to desired texture.
4. Add Sugar & Ultra Gel Thickener
5. Blend till well incorporated. If you see sugar or ultra gel stuck to sides, stop and use your rubber spoon to scrape and re blend.
6. Pour into freezer safe containers!
TIPS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM:
- You can adjust the texture to your liking from chunky to smooth by blending it more or less
- Want Sugar Free Strawberry Freezer Jam… No Problem! You don’t have to use sugar at all if you don’t want to. Likewise, you can substitute maple syrup for honey, or my favorite, erythritol, and other natural sweeteners.
- DO NOT Skip the lemon juice! Lemon Juice keeps the bright red strawberry color beautiful, plus it preserves nutrients!
- Make your freezer jam thicker by adding a tablespoon more of the Ultra Gel at a time. (Till your jam is as thick as you want it.)
- Store strawberry freezer jam in airtight freezer containers until you are ready to use.
- It’s best to thaw frozen freezer jam on the counter, but you can also use the microwave if you’re in a hurry.
- Thawed strawberry freezer jam is best used within 2 weeks of opening.
- Store freezer jam in refrigerator after opening…. If there’s any left in the jar!
How To Serve Strawberry Freezer Jam
This freezer jam is so versatile, you can use it in SO many ways! Of course we LOVE it in the traditional ways like on:
- Homemade Bread
- In FRESH strawberry PIE!
- Topping on Cream PIE & Cheese Cake!
- PB & J Sandwiches
However, it is also super good on:
- cottage cheese
- cream of wheat
- In Homemade Ice Cream!
I also like to make strawberry bars with this freezer jam! If you haven’t tried this recipe… You’re missing out!
- This is a LOW Calorie Treat
- It’s High in Fiber
- Contains all the Minerals & Antioxidants of fresh strawberries!
- Strawberries help guard against diseases like diabetes, arthritis & cancer.
- BEST of all… Strawberry freezer jam is Tasty and Delicious!
Strawberry Freezer Jam Goes Best With These Recipes
Everybody LOVES Strawberry Freezer Jam on Homemade Bread, and this EASY recipe will help you make it.
It’s also super good on SOURDOUGH Pancakes! If you haven’t made sourdough pancakes, you are missing out!