This sugar free peach freezer jam is perfectly sweet and tart! It’s made with erythritol instead of sugar and Ultra Gel thickener in the blender… No cooking is required. It’s super easy to make and soooo good! This easy recipe only uses 4 simple ingredients, only takes 10 minutes to make, and lasts years in the deep freezer!
My family and I love this sugar free Perfectly Peach freezer jam for breakfast on pancakes and waffles, but it’s good for so much more… For instance, it so good as a glaze in fresh peach pie, on a warm piece of toast, as an ice cream topping or as cottage cheese topping!
Peach season here in Idaho is late August, and I like to buy peaches from our local farmers’ market, Purdums! They have the biggest, juiciest and tastiest peaches that I’ve ever found! Plus when you buy them from the farmer, it’s usually way cheaper! I get 20-pound boxes of beautiful peaches for just $22… That’s about a dollar a pound, and so much better than $2-3 dollars a pound at the local grocery store! (Plus these are much better quality!)
Making peach freezer jam is one of the best ways to preserve your fresh peach harvest for an entire year and beyond!
What I LOVE About This Peach Freezer Jam
Most jam recipes call for quite a bit of sugar… I love that this freezer jam is all about all the peaches, with a tiny bit of erythritol and no sugar at all!
I also love that it’s raw, so it tastes FRESH not processed! Nothing’s better than having a big bite of Peach Freezer Jam in the middle of a cold winter… You’ll want to just eat it with a spoon because it tastes like fresh peaches straight from the tree!
This Is A PERFECT Recipe FOR BEGINNERS!
Never made peach jam before? Then you’re in the right place to start! This simple peach jam recipe is perfect to make your own jam for the first time, because you don’t need any canning knowledge! There is no water bath, and no cooking at all!
Just blend 4 simple ingredients well, (instructions below) and put them into freezer safe mason jars. Place your sugar free peach freezer jam in the freezer (I like the deep freezer) and you’re done! That’s it… Simple, healthy, easy peach freezer jam recipe!
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This peach freezer jam recipe is so simple, and cuts out many steps that require things like a potato masher, candy thermometer, water bath canner, or large pot! These are the only tools I use to make this super easy, delicious jam:
- Blender or a food processor
- Measuring Cups
- A Wire Whisk
- A Big Spoon
- Freezer safe mason jars or BPA FREE airtight plastic freezer containers.
- And Freezer Space!
SUGAR FREE Peach FREEZER JAM INGREDIENTS:
- 4 cups washed sliced fresh peaches (You can use frozen too)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (You can substitute with citric acid powder.)
- 1/3 cup Ultra Gel or EZ Gel (My favorite no cook no sugar thickener)
- 1/3 cup erythritol (my favorite healthy sugar substitute)
LEMON JUICE in Peach Jam?
Lemon juice can seem like a strange ingredient for Peach Jam…. BUT, lemon juice acts as an all natural preservative! The citric acid in lemon juice keeps the bright yellowish orange color of peaches nice and bright! Without lemon juice, you can end up with a darker color that doesn’t look fresh at all. It also preserves fresh peaches nutrients making it more healthy
On top of preserving color and nutrition, lemon juice adds a nice tart flavor and really compliments the peaches!
HOW TO MAKE Sugar Free Peach FREEZER JAM
- Wash and Slice 4-5 large peaches.
- Add 4 cups cleaned and sliced peaches, and place peaches into a food processor or blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of lemon juice or citric acid
- and 1/3 cup of erythritol
- Blend till you get it as smooth as you like.
- Pour your mixture into a mixing bowl and add the Ultra Gel or EZ Gel. Whisk together till well incorporated and there are no lumps. FOR EXTRA SMOOTH Peach freezer jam, blend Ultra Gel with puree in the blender.
- Let your freezer jam rest at this point for 3-5 minutes to set up.
- Pour your sugar free peach freezer jam into clean freezer safe jelly jars or containers. Make sure to leave at least a 1/2 inch head space if using jars for expansion. Peach Freezer Jam will expand a bit when it freezes and your jar will break if you fill it all the way.
Freeze for up to two years. (After two years peach freezer jam is still good to eat, but has a little discoloration and loses some nutrients.)
Thaw and enjoy from the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks… If it lasts that long!
TIPS FOR MAKING Sugar FREE Peach FREEZER JAM:
- Adjust the texture to your liking from chunky to smooth by blending it more or less… If you want your freezer jam smooth, then blend the Ultra Gel into the puree, instead of whisking it in.
- You can substitute sweetener with maple syrup, honey, or my favorite erythritol, or other natural sweeteners.
- DON’T Skip the lemon juice! It keeps the color beautiful and preserves nutrients! You can use any citric acid source you like, in this recipe I use lemon juice. But, you can also use a teaspoon of citric acid powder if you only want the peach flavor.
- Make your freezer jam thicker by adding a tablespoon more of the Ultra Gel at a time. (Till your jam is as thick as you want it, but keep in mind it takes a minute or two to set after blending in Ultra Gel.) And vice versa, you can make your jam thinner by reducing the recipe a tablespoon at a time.
- Wash glass jars or freezer safe containers in hot soap water, and rinse with hot water to sterilize, and set on a clean towel before filling with Peach Freezer Jam.
- Store freezer jam in airtight freezer safe containers till you’re ready to use.
- Thaw frozen peach freezer jam on the counter… If you’re in a hurry, you can also use the microwave.
- Use thawed peach freezer jam within two weeks of opening.
- Store open peach freezer jam in the refrigerator after opening…. If there’s any left in the jar!
FREEZER JAM THICKENER: Ultra Gel
Ultra Gel is a modified food starch made from potato or corn starch. They use an enzyme to change or modify the starch in corn or potatoes so that you don’t have to cook it to thicken! That’s because it thickens any liquid whether it’s hot or cold. This is a GREAT thickener to keep on hand, and it’s wonderful for raw jams, like this peach freezer jam recipe!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN Peach JAM & FREEZER JAM?
There are two main differences between peach freezer jam and classic peach jams:
- Classic peach jam recipes cook the fruit, but freezer jam does not (some recipes barley cook the fruit) but this recipe does not cook the fruit at all! However, traditional jams simmer peaches with large amounts of sugar for long periods of time destroying the natural flavor and nutrition.
- Peach Freezer Jams are always less sugar than traditional jams. Most freezer jams call for half the sugar of traditional jam. However, the freezer jam recipes I share have minimal sugar, or none at all!
Sugar Free Peach Freezer Jam HEALTHY BENEFITS:
- This is a low calorie treat!
- Contains Peaches Natural Minerals & Antioxidants
- This peach freezer jam is delicious!
What Is ERYTHRITOL SWEETENER?
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol. It’s made with yeast that ferments glucose in corn and wheat starch.
Erythritol contains way less calories than sugar, and other sugar alcohols. For example:
- Sugar – 4 calories per gram.
- Xylitol – 2.4 calories per gram.
- Erythritol – 0.24 calories per gram.
Erythritol only has 6% of the calories that sugar has, and has 70% of the sweetness of sugar!
CAN I USE PLASTIC CONTAINERS FOR Peach FREEZER JAM?
Yes, you can use plastic containers to freeze peach freezer jam! Any smaller sturdy plastic container with a tight fitting lid will work. However, I prefer BPA free containers like these BPA free small containers!
WHAT IS THE HEALTHIEST Peach JAM?
Peach Freezer Jam is the healthiest jam! It is raw peaches preserved with lemon and freezing. Because this jam is frozen and not cooked at all, it retains all the vitamins and minerals of fresh peaches!
When you make sugar free peach freezer jam, you eliminate cooking out nutrition AND the one ingredient that is not healthy… SUGAR! The only thing left is high quality homemade peach jam with all it’s nutrition!
NO COOK No Pectin Peach FREEZER JAM
With Ultra Gel thickener, you do not need to cook or use pectin in this freezer jam! Ultra Gel will thicken hot or cold liquids in a matter of a couple minutes. After blending in Ultra Gel, let it sit for a couple minutes and then stir again to see how thick it is… If you want it thicker, just add a few more tablespoons and retest!
Most freezer jams are cooked with sugar and pectin to thicken the liquids… This recipe is totally different, and so much better!
How TO ENJOY SUGAR FREE Peach FREEZER JAM
Sugar free Peach freezer jam is so versatile, you can use it in SO many ways! Of course, we LOVE it in the traditional ways like on: pancakes, english muffins, waffles, toast, homemade bread, as a glaze in fresh peach pie, topping ice cream or cream pie and cheesecake… Or in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
However, it is also super good on:
- cottage cheese
- cream of wheat
- And in Homemade Ice Cream!
NO COOKING TIME
This recipe is made at room temperature and does not require cooking, and eliminates the cooking process entirely! You will not need to use low heat, medium heat or a rolling boil, so you won’t kill all the living nutrition in your peaches like traditional jams!
This is the fastest peach jam recipe you will ever make! However, you will wash, blend and mix peaches with the other ingredients. Although it may only take you 10 minutes to prepare, schedule yourself 30 minutes for packaging and cleanup.
DO YOU HAVE TO BOIL JARS FOR FREEZER JAM?
Making freezer jam is a little easier than canning… When you make freezer jam and store it in the freezer, you do not need to boil freezer safe jam jars. Just make sure to give freezer jars and lids a good washing in hot water right before using them!
HOW LONG DOES Peach FREEZER JAM LAST?
Peach Freezer Jam is best if used within the first year of freezing… But it’s still good for 2 years in the deep freezer! As a matter of fact…. We’ve used deep frozen peach freezer jam three years after freezing and it still tastes wonderful!
After opening peach freezer jam, it is good for a week in the refrigerator, after about a week in the fridge it can start growing mold.
THANKS FOR TRYING MY SUGAR FREE Peach FREEZER JAM RECIPE! YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES:
- Easy Homemade Bread… Heavenly with peach freezer jam!
- Try Your Peach Freezer Jam on These Fluffy Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Strawberry Freezer Jam made without erythritol.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
I have joined your fеed and stay up for in seaｒch of more of your
fantastіc recipe posts. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks
Should the peaches be peeled first?
Hi Melissa! I just scrub them really well and keep them on… They blend in so you don’t even know they’re there. But, you can do it either way!